Thank you for choosing Veterans In Action (VIA) as the beneficiary for your upcoming Fundraising Event. This page will help you to achieve your goals and assist you in making your event a fundraising success. The funds you raise, and the funds raised by others just like you, is important to VIA and keeps us running.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
Every pound donated to the VIA is spent directly on helping veterans who suffer. By raising funds for VIA, you know you are directly helping those who suffer the hidden wounds due to their service that can affect them, their families and friends for the rest of their lives, so it’s your investment that can transform the lives of many of these veterans and their families.
VIA currently do not receive any government funding so your fundraiser helps us deliver many valuable projects and expedition opportunities for those who suffer.
Step 1. Choose an Event and Get Organised
Here are some ideas.
- Undertake a personal challenge.
- Enter a fun run, bike ride or event and get family and friends to sponsor you
- Join a VIA Challenge
- Join a VIA Expedition for a day
- Fundraising Ball/Dinner
- Organise a collection in your local supermarket or shopping mall
Step 2 . Let VIA know
Read this Fundraising Page to give your fundraiser the best chance of success and ensure you understand your responsibilities as a fundraiser. Fill in the “Fundraise for VIA” online form (link at the bottom of this page) and submit it to VIA. This allows us to support your fundraiser in the best way and you will be given a unique reference number for your event to use in any correspondence with VIA.
Once we add your event to our database we will send you an Authority to Fundraise letter. This letter endorses you as a fundraiser and ensures you have went through the proper channels.
Step 3. Start Fundraising
An easiest way to raise funds is by setting up a Fundraising Page for your event through the VIA’s, Virgin Money Giving page. This eliminates the need to handle large amounts of cash and provides an easy, fuss free avenue for people to donate.
Instructions on setting up a Fundraising Page can be found here:
Funds can also be collected by the way of cash, cheques or postal orders (made payable to Veterans In Action). Cash can be paid to the below bank account, and cheque and postal orders to our postal address below. Please advise when cash has been deposited.
Step 5. Finalise the Event
Don’t forget to return any funds raised to VIA within 28 days of the event finishing. Return any unsold merchandise, buckets and all signage.
Donations can be paid into the following account and don’t forget to send us a copy of the remittance advice.
Name: Veterans In Action
Acc No: 00051103
Sort Code: 30-90-21
Cheque and postal orders to:
Veterans In Action, The Old Grain Store, Redenham Park, Andover, Hants, SP11 9AQ
Here are some tips to help you organise a successful fundraiser:
- Keep your event costs as low as possible. Try and get goods, services, prizes and venues donated. Look for local sponsors to cover costs of your event such as printing or promotions
- Have a merchandise table at your event, VIA will provide you with wristbands and other merchandise
- Use social media and your own existing networks of friends, workmates, and recreational clubs to promote your event
- Get other existing community organisations involved e.g. cadets, scouts etc.
- Ask if their is a VIA Coordinator in your area or indeed apply to become one, in this way you may get a veteran involved that have been personally affected to inspire others to donate to the cause
- Make sure everyone feels recognised and appreciated for their help with the event
- Delegate event tasks to people you can rely on and ask for help when you need it, this is the true ethos of VIA
- Take steps to ensure the event is as safe and enjoyable as possible
- Take photos and send us a copy to be published on our website and include a story about the event. You can inspire others to do their own challenge or event and raise money to help those who suffer
LOGO USE & NAME
The use of the name “Veterans In Action” and logo is strictly controlled to ensure that the integrity of the VIA brand is maintained.
The VIA name and logo can only be used by permission once an event has been entered onto our event database.
Acceptable Use of the name Veterans In Action for your fundraising event:
- In Support of Veterans In Action
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- Make a donation
- Purchase merchandise
- Join a VIA event or expedition
- Leave a gift in your Will
- Become a corporate sponsor